Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 5

Day 5~
Today is my 5th day and all is well. :) I'm feeling great. The second day I did have a slight headache, but since then no problem in that department. I have noticed that I seem to get cold easier, but I simply throw on a sweater for awhile and that passes. I've been tracking my calories just for fun over at http://www.sparkpeople.com/ just for fun. Spark People is a free online site that allows you to track calories, fitness, and find the nutritional content of about anything. I've added avocado to my smoothies the last few days to give me some extra calories and needed  healthy fat. Perhaps in the next few days I'll take a few pictures of my smoothies and show you them. I found a really yummy snack the other night. I took 1/2 and avocado, and some grapes. I added 16 oz of water and threw it in my blender and pureed it until smoothie. It was scrumptious!

Last night I was talking to my husband and we discussed the lukewarm ways in which we as Christians seem to live our lives. I just finished reading Crazy Love http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Love-Overwhelmed-Relentless-God/dp/B004MPRWG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347645169&sr=8-1&keywords=crazy+love, and I've been challenged deeply to not just live life, but through Christ, to show His Love to the world around me, and make a difference. How will I do that? I don't know. As a church,and as a nation we have got to have revival. We have got to see God move. It is not going to happen without us getting out of our comfortable little routines and making a decided effort to be in the presence of God. As we discussed the problems of our day, even in our own church and personal lives, then searched for solutions, we didn't come up with an easy answer. I want to be sold out to Christ in every area of my life. We don't know what tomorrow may bring, but whatever comes my way, I want to be ready to stand strong for the cause of Christ. Not to cower in the corner because I am to afraid of what may come. And let me tell you, I can be a very fearful person. I want to use this fast as a building block for whatever Christ has in store for me next. Scripture tells us that if we draw nigh to God, He will draw nigh to us. How about you? What is the condition of your soul? If Christ were to come back right now, would He find you waiting and ready? We don't have to live in fear of the future or of getting caught/left behind. We can have a relationship with Christ that is sweeter and richer than any human relationship possible. If He loves us much more than we could possibly even love our children, we are loved beyond imagination. As sons and daughters of Christ, we are His children! So stand strong, If you are in a right/committed relationship with Christ, you have the backing of a mighty Father on your side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! How's it going. I'm so glad I came across ur blog! I love keeping up with old friends��. How's life treating y'all? I don't know if there's a way you can add me so I can get your updates but I'd love too! Tell Your family we said howdy!

����Deborah Luckey����

Jasmine said...

Debbie, I don't know how to add you. I think you have to do it yourself. I love keeping in touch with friends too! We are doing good. Homeschooling again this year, and busy as ever! Looking forward to whatever God has in store for us ahead!